The Freedom Programme is a 12 week support group for women. The programme is open to any woman who wishes to learn more about the reality of domestic abuse.
The Freedom Programmes aims to:
- help women to understand the beliefs held by abusive partners and in doing so, recognise which of these beliefs they have shared
- help women gain self-esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives
- show the effects of domestic abuse on children
- help women to recognise potential future abusers
- introduce women to support services across Derby
The Freedom Programme is now being run from venues across Derby. All courses are open to women from any area.
All programmes are free.
Further information about the Freedom Programme can be found here.