Refuge is the country's largest provider of specialist domestic violence services.
The Derby City Domestic Violence Service provides free confidential, non-judgemental and independent support and advice for those living in Derby City who are experiencing domestic violence. The service is available for both men and women.
The service will work with people who have experienced domestic violence to create a tailor made safety and support plan which will include:
- Personal safety information
- Support to contact the police
- Information on the criminal and civil justice options available and support if they are going through a court case
- Support to secure an injunction
- Help to improve the safety of child contact
- Information about safe housing options
- Referrals to other services
- The opportunity to discuss the effects of domestic violence with someone who understands
The team will accept referrals from:
- Individuals who want to self - referral into the service
- Professional who refer to the service must have consent from the person they are referring
- Family, friends and other third parties may call for support
The service is available to anyone living in Derby City who has experienced domestic violence and who is assessed to be at standard to medium risk of domestic violence, stalking and 'honour' based violence.
To make a referral to the service:
- Telephone: 0800 0853481
- Email: DCDVS@Refuge.org.uk
Further information about Refuge can be found here.