Each year, the pupils from each class elect a representative to the School council. This year,elections took place in Thursday 20th September 2012
After a week of campaigning, children excitedly voted for the candidate they thought would be a good representative for their class on the school council.
The results were announced by Miss Prince joining a special assembly.
Among the projects our school council are planning to work on this year are:-
- Contributing children's' ideas to the School Development Plan and help in the implementation of the values tree
- Zoning the playground and designing a new buddy stop
- Developing children's roles of responsibility in school
- Developing the outside environment in Nursery,Reception, key stage One
- Driving fund raising events
- Carrying out a pupil questionnaire
- Meeting with the school governors
- Linking with school council's in the federation
What we have done so far
What are we doing next?
- the children voted in class to decide on the equipment they would like the school to buy for outside play at breaktime and lunchtime. The children would like dressing up clothes, new books and writing materials.
- the children in Year 1 and 2 voted for their buddy's in class.
- During the Autumn term the school council have been meeting on a Thursday lunchtime to decide on the themes for the Monday assemblies. So far we have done: being kind, being a good friend, being happy and trying our best. The school council have acted out stories for the children.
- we will be working on a pupil questionnaire to find out the children's views of school.
- we will be discussing a fund raising idea based on the British Heart Foundation activities.